The L.A. Chapter of AITP brings you:
Leveraging LinkedIn for Marketing: Building your Brand
Thursday, July 13, 2017
Location: WeWork PlayaVista — 12655 W Jefferson Blvd, Los Angeles 90066 – (310) 683-4716
Networking @ 6:00 pm Program @ 7:00pm Networking 8:00 pm
Join AITP-LA for an in-depth presentation on using LinkedIn, the largest social media site for business. This degrees of separation-based network is fast-becoming the premiere platform for marketing business and professional services.
Did you know that two new users join LinkedIn every second? Or that having a professional profile photo makes you 36x more likely to be contacted? The buying process has changed in major ways due to online innovation – and LinkedIn is in the middle of it all.
Our presenter for the evening: Justin Womack, Online marketing expert, co-founder of LinkedIn Mastery Course
Justin will provide an anatomy of a LinkedIn profile and provide insights into how to optimize your LinkedIn presence for maximum impact professionally. This includes many dimensions:
• Types of LinkedIn accounts and benefits: Free services, LinkedIn Professional, LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
• LinkedIn as an SEO platform: Optimizing keywords you want to be known for, and how to visualize profile keyword data with a Word Cloud. Keyword research tools like SEMrush, Google Keyword Planner, and GlassDoor.
• Components of your profile: Photo, background photo, summary and experience, skills and endorsements. Recommendations as social proof. LinkedIn symbols. Creating a Company page.
• Content marketing with LinkedIn: Determining what content is actively trending, and writing articles to increase engagement. Positioning yourself as a thought leader. Automating LinkedIn posting. Using LinkedIn Groups and the concept of inbound marketing.
• Prospecting with LinkedIn: Connecting with LinkedIn Open Networkers (L.I.O.N.s). Using LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
• Influencer Marketing: What it is and why it matters.
• Other Online Marketing tools: Tools which complement your efforts with LinkedIn; social media marketing and advertising.
Be prepared with questions, as a Q&A session will follow the presentation.
Bring your business cards to take advantage of this major networking opportunity.
RESERVATIONS: You’ll need to sign up in advance. Sign up by July 9th. No walk-ins will be accepted. Use this link:
PRICE And Parking: The program is free for members, $15 for non-members. Parking is available on Westlawn Ave. NO validation in the WeWork building. For more information, contact Mitchell Matsumura at 310-561-0755.
Association of Information Technology Professionals LA (AITP-LA) meets in West LA with a focus on keeping members abreast of trends and best practices in managing technology, and provides strong networking opportunities.
AITP-LA is about technology – bringing experts in their field to share cutting-edge ideas with members. Helping members connect the dots, take the next steps, grow in their ability to apply technologies to competitive advantage.
AITP-LA is part of a national organization that provides leadership, professional development, certification and personal growth opportunities to IT managers and technologists. The core of the AITP experience is the chapter network, with 400 professional and student chapters throughout the country.
For more information, call the chapter telephone at 562-928-5353 or contact Roger Lux at 562-964-1888.